Sunday, June 3, 2007

Baked Kibbeh (Sini Köftesi)


500 g ground meat * 1 onion * 1 1/2 cup thin bulgur * 1 tbsp tomato paste * 1 tsp chili flakes * 1 tsp black pepper * 1 tsp cumin * salt

Mince the onion. Place the bulgur in hot water for 10 minutes. In a bowl, mix very well the ground meat with the bulgur (after draining all the water), the onion, the tomato paste, the salt and the spices. Place this mixture in a greased oven tray and bake on a 180º preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve hot.

2 comments:

Deborah Dowd said...

Lidia, I wanted to tell you that your kofte were a great hit at my tapas dinner, and the leftovers impressed my neighbor when she popped in unexpectedly the next day! I didn't have lamb or veal so I used ground turkey and added a bit of olive oil to combat dryness, and they turned out great!I have made a kibbeh before that had a meat filling, but your version sounds a bit like Turkish polenta, so I am going o give it a try!

Lídia Lopes said...

I am happy that you liked the köfte Deborah!
I hope you like the kibbeh too...