Saturday, April 28, 2007

Cauliflower Moussaka (Karnabahar Musakka)


1 medium sized cauliflower * 3 tbsp olive oil * 2 medium sized onions * 250 g ground meat * 2 tbsp tomato paste * 2 cups water * salt

Separate the flowers of the cauliflower and put them in water with salt for 10 minutes. Filter and put aside. Pour olive oil in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onions. Add the ground meat and mix. Cook for 10 minutes and then add the tomato paste. Mix during 1-2 minutes and add the water. Add some salt and cook for 15 minutes. Finally, add the cauliflower and keep on low heat until the cauliflower is cooked.

1 comment:

Shayne said...

I really like musakka and I make it with both eggplant and potatoes and this looks like something that I could get into. When I weather cools off I will have to try it.